Gas prices are rising and many rideshare and delivery drivers are concerned about how much it will cut into their profits.
Here are 5 things drivers can do to save fuel that will help their bottom line.
- Check your tire pressure. Monthly at a minimum. Weekly is better. Low tire pressures create more rolling resistance which affects your mileage.
- Change your engine and cabin air filters. Your engine air filter is not as important if you have a newer car. A dirty cabin filter will make the AC work harder which will affect fuel mileage.
- Get the junk out of your trunk. Extra weight makes your vehicle work harder. Also remove any bike or luggage racks you’re not using.
- Slow down and drive smoothly. Speed kills your mileage more than anything, smooth braking and acceleration will also help your mileage. Avoid “jackrabbiting”.
- Reduce how much you idle. Try to avoid the drive-thru. If you do find you need to sit for a long time, shut off your vehicle.